Monday, December 19, 2011

Who would you vote for???

The other morning, when I was watching the presidential debate that we recorded from the night before (that I fell asleep to while trying to watch with my husband), Josh was with me. He was very interested in why I kept telling them to be quiet so I could hear.

"Who is that, mom?"

"That's Mitt Romney."

"What is he saying, mom?"

"He's telling us what he would do if he were President."

"What's a President?"

"That's the person we made the leader of our country."

"Is he a king?"

"No, we don't have a king. We have a president. God is our king." (Good line, huh? I got it from Little House on the Prairie.)

"How do we make him a President?"

"We vote. And I hope this guy gets all the votes. I hope he wins." (I know this might be sounding like a political commentary, but it's not, I promise...just keep reading.)

"Would you want me to win if I were talking?" (Talking = running for the nomination, but we don't worry about particulars.)

"Yes!! I would absolutely vote for you! What would you say if you were talking?"

(Oh, the wisdom of children...)

"I would say: I hope everyone is safe and that no one dies. I hope we are all happy. And I hope Jesus comes back soon."

Isn't that what it all boils down to?

3 comments:

  1. Maybe we should have Josh run for President. Simplify our government, it may be the only thing that fixes our problems.

    ReplyDelete